Archinect
anchor

M.Arch Advice

angiechen

I’m currently a 4th year architecture student in a Canadian architecture school. I’ve thinking of applying to a graduate architecture. I’ve decided to take one year gap after graduating from bachelors program to polish my portfolio and doing some research project on the side with my professor. However, I’m worry that my third year gpa which was around 2.0 will impact my application. Since, majority of Canadian university will look at last two years average. I’m doing pretty well currently, my average is around 3.7 at the moment, trying to pull up the average. My third year was during lockdown time, and I had miserable time. I’m stressed out both trying to do well in school and worrying about what I can do after graduation. Suggestions and comments needed! Thanks

Nov 14, 22 10:45 am
Non Sequitur

2.0 is abysmal but as long as you meet the minimum, your application will go through.  Grades are only considered in 2 situations:

1.  For initial application cut-off floor, ie. applicants with averages below 3 GPA are automatically rejected. (might be higher than 3)
  2. In case of a tie between two equivalent applicants.
Nov 14, 22 11:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: