Archinect
anchor

Bartlett (UCL) Master of Architecture Part 2 - INTERVIEW

harrypotter4992

Hi all, I have just graduated from a Part 1 UK Architecture Degree, currently doing my Year-Out with Gensler. 

Submitted my Application on 17/October/2022, submitted Portfolio on 19/October/2022, and just did my Interview today on 28/October/2022. 

The interview did not went very well. As in, it’s not that bad, but I was totally stuck for some questions. And the interviewer has to repeat his questions multiple times. Although he didn’t seems pissed or irritated. 

Just wondering if anyone knows if the interview matters the most?

Oct 28, 22 11:05 am
anaisziwei

x

Nov 6, 22 8:54 am  · 
 · 
harrypotter4992

Just an update here in-case in a few years time someone finds this thread and needed some help lol.

For Bartlett (UCL)'s MArch Part 2 Course ONLY:

1) I applied on 17/October/2022,
2) Submitted portfolio on 19/October/2022,
3) Interview invitation sent to me on 24/October/2022,
4) Interviewed on 28/October/2022 (did not went very well IMO, maybe I was paranoid),
5) Received Unconditional Offer on 02/November/2022.
Total time: 12 Working Days.

Extra Information:

1) I am a Malaysian of Chinese Ethnicity, and graduated from UK's University of Portsmouth. It is NOT a Russell Group Uni nor is it high ranking at all, with a 3-Years BA (1st Class) in Architecture. Speaks native-level English (with Asian Accent obviously).

2) I won the RIBA South Best Overall Achievement & Excellence Award in my 3rd Year and other in-universities awards every year. Also achieved 80% grades in average (90% above for every studio project) for every single modules. I compiled ALL my award-certificates into 1 single PDF and submitted along with my Application.

4) I have 35 Pages for my Portfolio submitted for Bartlett (although they say 25 Pages but I didn't care lol),

5) I started my Year-Out 1-day before applying for Bartlett in OCTOBER. So it doesn't matter as long as you started the year-out before OR on the day of application. Just make sure you will have a minimum of 1-year Archi-related job before applying.

6) For Personal Statement, it's rather personal, but I did mentioned 2~3 PG Units im interested in. Mine was over the 4000-characters limit so I uploaded it as a 1-A4-Page PDF onto the application. It was allowed.

7) I have references from my Year-1 STUDIO tutors. None of them were from Second or Final Year. So it doesn't matter as long as it's a academic-tutor during ur Undergraduate Years. They know me VERY well.

Backstory:

I knew I was going to UCL Bartlett even before going to my Undergraduate uni here in UK.
As the cost of London-living is exorbitant for an International Student, I decided to head over to a cheaper UK city for the first 3-years, then to London for the last 2-years. This way, I managed to save a lot. Kind of like the Community College then University/College route some American did. By doing this I managed to save around 120k GBP in 3 years.
Moral of story? Just work hard and produce quality work, regardless of where you are!

Good luck to all future applicants!

Nov 6, 22 8:56 am  · 
 · 
harrypotter4992

added

Dec 13, 22 12:15 am  · 
 · 
_kaleidoscope_

Has anyone else applied for the MArch 2 programme at UCL. I submitted my application a month ago and haven't received any mail to share my portfolio. Should I be worried?

Dec 22, 22 9:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: