Archinect
anchor

Should I do a Master's program in the UK?

gabriellenye

Hi guys! 

So I'm currently back and forth with an idea I have had for awhile and would love some input/advice. 

For background I'm taking about a year off to work and not be in school. I got my bachelor's in May 2022 in Interior Architecture and Design at Utah State University. The program is more geared to interior design but one of our professors was an architect and made sure we understood the fundamentals in architecture. His classes were always my favorite. 

I started flirting with the idea to go to architecture school for a master's  my sophomore or junior year. Then after my internship, going into my senior year, I wanted nothing to do with interior design and just wanted to focus on the architecture side of things. 

The problem I have come to is that I would love to study in the UK for a master's or some sort of architecture program if my degree doesn't qualify for the master's. However the building codes are different there than here in the states. 

Ultimately my question is if I were to get a masters or do a program there would I be able to come back to the states and work in architecture? I also don't know if I would stay there for longer than the program, move somewhere else, or move back to the states. 

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated! 

Jul 8, 22 3:24 pm
Non Sequitur

only accredited architecture degrees are worth your time and effort. Just make sure that what ever school you go to is accredited by ncarb. School does not tech you much about codes anyways, so I would not worry too much about that.

Jul 8, 22 6:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: