Archinect
anchor

I am updating my undergraduate portfolio and I would love some advice

Xanny007

So I graduated back in January of this year. While I was an above average student from my batch, I did not really end my graduating project on a good note. I had an idea of the presentation level I would showcase in the end but I was at a really bad mental state due to covid and family issues due to which I barely made it through my final presentation. I was able to secure a job as soon as I had graduated and I have decided to upgrade my undergraduate portfolio to the presentation level as I had previously thought I would be able to do during my thesis.

I have decided to upgrade my undergrad portfolio and I wanted to update all my presentation drawings without any changes to the information. I was wondering if that is alright?

Jul 8, 22 12:30 pm
Non Sequitur

It's your work, do with it as you will... however, concept sketches and design iterations count more than shiny "presentation" renderings when I look at folios.  Are you just going to re-render or will you re-design the projects?

Jul 8, 22 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
Xanny007

I want to work on the feedback that I had received from my teachers so it wouldn't be re-designing the core ideas of the projects but some additions to them. So it would be a updates to both the renderings and the the design process for the projects.

Jul 8, 22 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Your time would be better spent developing indépendant projects and design ideas instead of polishing old projects.

Jul 8, 22 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
newbie.Phronesis

Nothing wrong with redoing renders or cleaning up layouts, messy drawings, etc.; almost expected, really. I'd draw the line at changing the design in any way though, no matter how greatly one small tweak would improve the project.

Jul 8, 22 6:14 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: