Archinect
anchor

affordable school

Aria_

Currently, I am planning on applying to graduate schools in the US for a master's degree in architecture. I hold a bachelor's degree in architecture and a master's degree in urban design. Would you please suggest me some schools where I have a better chance of getting paid  TA positions. Generally speaking, I am looking for schools that are more generous with international students and offer international students more affordable tuition

Jun 30, 22 4:58 pm
sumedhgangurde

public universities mainly 

ASU, UT AUSTIN, university of Virginia, UIUC, gtech, njit etc other's can add to it

Mentioning other good universities below may not be affordable but are good

Umich, upenn, sci-arc, virginia tech, penn state, ucla, Cornell etc. These may not be affordable but do apply to them you never know if they get generous and give you scholarship. Dont restrict application just cause of tuition fee. Let the acceptance come and then choose

Jul 2, 22 6:30 am  · 
1  · 
Aria_

I greatly appreciate your help. Personally, I think I have a better chance of getting financial aid from schools with urban planning or design departments or programs. Almost every school's website says it is possible to get financial aid, but it is competitive. Nevertheless, this should be attested to by their former students.

Jul 23, 22 4:48 am  · 
1  · 
sumedhgangurde

Yup it's competitive. But on acceptance they do give some scholarship. After that you should have the skills to negotiate that scholarship. Just write a mail to college that your college about your financial condition. They can then help you with it upon your admission. I'm an international applicant too for fall'23 and that's what I'm going to do in march. This is what everyone does, negotiation can put you a long way trust me.

Jul 23, 22 9:52 am  · 
 · 
I_DJ

Aria said something very wise. It seems that almost everyone says that all the information is available on the school's website! Basically, all of these websites are commercial advertisements with a lot of brags about things that don't necessarily happen as advertised. In reality, students' reviews are the best criteria for choosing schools.

Jul 25, 22 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
Aria_

There are some directors of programs commenting here looking for suitable candidates. Does anyone need me on their school's team?

Jul 23, 22 4:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: