Archinect
anchor

Urban Design & Master Planning Experience

sameolddoctor

There are several firms in the countries you mention that carry on large masterplanning projects. But, most of the projects themselves are in China and the Middle East these days, mostly the Middle East (Saudi). And most of the firms working on these large scale projects are from the US or UK. 

It is fun to do this kind of work, I have been for about 20 years now, but keep in mind that everything takes forever to get realized if at all. That is MY mid-career crisis these days!

May 3, 22 10:09 am  · 
1  · 
durbandc

Thanks sameolddoc for the quick reply. Yea you are spot on, large masterplanning projects are usually in China or the Middle East nowadays. Totally understand the long period of realisation, that’s quite a pain to stomach.

May 3, 22 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
durbandc

Thanks sameolddoc for the quick reply. Yea you are spot on, large masterplanning projects are usually in China or the Middle East nowadays. Totally understand the long period of realisation, that’s quite a pain to stomach.

May 3, 22 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
durbandc

Wonder what is your view about gaining masterplanning experience overseas? I am unsure whether
the experience will be helpful given that master planning projects take a long time to materialise. I am toying with the idea of spending a short stint overseas for that very reason

May 3, 22 12:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: