Archinect
anchor

When do firms contact you for an interview?

ppoc90

I’ve applied for designer positions in several firms and its been about a week now—and I was wondering-  How long does it usually take for a firm to contact you to schedule an interview? 

Apr 19, 22 12:41 pm
starling

If you sent a generic application through their website application portal, generally you want to follow up within a few days to make sure they received all your materials correctly.

Following up again after another week is perfectly ok. There should be someone there who will be willing to give you information on the status of your application or the process in general.

Firms are currently in the process of reviewing interns for summer and new graduates/ long-term hires. Larger firms may take longer as they have a much larger pool to vet, and they usually like to have most people start around the same few weeks in the summer to streamline HR processes (late May-early June). Smaller firms (and some large firms too) may want you now, so no harm in checking in asap.

Remember its a seller's market right now; lots of firms are hiring and scrambling to find good talent. So you shouldn't worry about ruffling feathers or seeming desperate.

If you know someone personally in those offices, reach out to them directly.

Apr 19, 22 3:18 pm  · 
4  · 
Non Sequitur

Industry standard is to reply to chosen candidates by the next Thursday following the most recent full-moon.  This is for the northern hemisphere tho... the other 2 might have different standards.

Apr 19, 22 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

I thought it was ten days after the most recent siting of the northern lights!, but I could be wrong eh!

Apr 19, 22 5:51 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

It’s ten metric days hence the common misunderstanding.

Apr 19, 22 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

.... But we are about to begin the Stanley Cup playoffs so grow your beard and wait till that's over cause ain't no one getting back to you til that's over and if the Leafs get on f'ge tta bout it!

Apr 19, 22 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
Kinsbergen

When do firms contact you for an interview?

-> When they are interested in you. 

Apr 21, 22 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
Miyadaiku

I had a firm contact me six months later...

Apr 22, 22 12:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: