Archinect
anchor

What are the slope angles of Roman Pantheon and Greek Parthenon pediments ?

Edwin.G

Hi.  I've been searching for the slope angles of the Roman Pantheon and Greek Parthenon's pediments and have not been able to find the information anywhere.  Is there anybody on the forum that can assist me with regards to that information ? or where I could possible find it ?

Kind Regards.

Apr 14, 22 10:45 am
Non Sequitur

elevation drawings are easily accessible for both buildings.... all you need is a ruler, a calculator, and grade 3 basic math.

Apr 14, 22 11:01 am  · 
2  · 

Two basic math skills.

Apr 14, 22 11:12 am  · 
 · 
Edwin.G

Thank you Chad. Yes, I have found various elevation drawings but they do not concur with each other and thus leaves one with the conundrum of which artist was right and which was not.

Apr 14, 22 11:37 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Then buy yourself a couple plane tickets and go field-measure the real deal! Best homework assignment ever!

Apr 14, 22 12:00 pm  · 
2  · 

Edwin - You have access to a library correct? The building with lots of books in it that you can use as part of your tuition.  

Go look there in the architectural history section.

In your 'report' state that you found several online sources showing different drawings of the roof and that you chose to the accepted and respected library source.  

This isn't that hard.  Good luck finishing school. 

Apr 14, 22 12:38 pm  · 
1  · 
Edwin.G

Thank you for your help Chad.

Apr 14, 22 1:13 pm  · 
1  · 

Notice a trend? Do your own homework.

Apr 14, 22 2:11 pm  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

I think asking here was an impediment to discovering the answer. 

Apr 15, 22 4:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: