Archinect
anchor

University of Washington Versus Montana State

liamk11

Struggling to make a decision on whether to do my undergrad for architecture school at UW or MSU. I am an incoming freshman and my knowledge of either program isn’t the greatest, but what I do know is that UW is a 6 year program and MSU is 5, MSU has smaller class sizes and more studio time, and UW has better study abroad programs and a more inspiring area around it. Both would cost about the same and are the same distance away from home, so I’m really looking for any advice that would really help me rank one school over the other. Thanks in advance!

Apr 12, 22 9:02 pm
proto

MSU has better skiing

Apr 12, 22 11:52 pm  · 
2  · 
proto

I'm a little confused how they aren't differentiated in your mind...

one is "urban"; the other is rural

one school is small; the other quite large university (program diversity, population diversity, big sports, greek sys, nearby job pool, etc)

one is attached to a major US city with all the pros/cons that go with that; the other is an outdoors paradise

what lifestyle do you aspire to? what professional goals do you aspire to? where do you want to be?

if you just want an academic ranking: Udub is better

i was serious about the skiing. bridger is top notch & easy to get to; looking back i wish i'd spent some detox time outside of studio (& specifically outside)

Apr 13, 22 1:28 pm  · 
2  · 
starling

are the programs accredited?

Apr 18, 22 10:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: