Archinect
anchor

For 2023 Fall M.Arch Application - How important are GRE Scores?

Hello, I know many schools dropped the GRE requirements for the 22 admits, and no announcements for the 23s have been made so far.  If a school requires them, and suggests a minimum, how important is it for the applicant to meet them?  I have a student who just cannot test due to ADHD.  The rest of the application materials (still working on portfolio) are strong, excellent student.  If the scores do not meet the minimum, is there no chance? 

Apr 4, 22 1:03 pm

I forgot to add, that this particular student will graduate with a BS in Architecture.

Apr 4, 22 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
e_zam

I honestly still think they will omit the GRE requirement for at least a few more years. Less students are enrolling in universities at an alarming rate. As we continue to deal with the effects of the covid and post-covid world (not sure if we are even there yet) there will continue to be a need for revisions of this policy. 

Apr 21, 22 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
voguescholar

I'm applying in the fall and the uncertainty of whether GRE scores will be required makes me anxious. I think most schools will waive it but it looks like some schools will still require it (or making it really clear that you must have an extenuating circumstance that prevents you from taking it). Last I checked UCLA and UC Berkeley's M.Arch programs still want it. 

May 24, 22 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

Clear the minimum requirement and that's it. High scores rarely make a difference, it at all. 

May 25, 22 9:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: