Archinect
anchor

AIA life insurance

mtdew

I have wanted to purchase life insurance but not very knowledgeable in that kind of stuff. I have been receiving mail for life insurance policies from the AIA. Does anyone know if this is a good policy?

Mar 7, 22 5:05 pm
Volunteer

It would be like buying architecture services from New York Life Insurance Company I would imagine. 

Mar 8, 22 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
mtdew

you are right. it's underwritten by NY Life.

Mar 8, 22 8:38 pm  · 
 · 

I think that's actually who does the insurance for AIA? 

My opinion - it's worth having a non-employer based life insurance, no matter where you get it from.

Mar 8, 22 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
mtdew

It's another monthly payment but seems like a good idea.

Mar 8, 22 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

Are you talking about the American Institute of Architects - or AIA Group, the Hong Kong based insurance company?

If it's the Architects one, they are just offering a negotiated group package sold by a real insurance company. I have no idea if it's good for you. It is legitimate, no different than buying life insurance offered through your office (some do).

Mar 8, 22 5:02 pm  · 
 · 

mtdew - depends on how much you want. our medical insurance provider actually throws in a 25k (or so - don't quote me) policy for each individual, with our insurance package. enough to cover some expenses but if you're putting kids through college... not enough. if you want to go higher than 100k.... sure, get a quote from the AIA policy. but find a reputable broker and have them run some quotes or other options as well. 

Mar 8, 22 8:52 pm  · 
1  · 
Kilberandy

Buying life insurance can be confusing, so it's great that you're doing some research. I haven't heard of AIA life insurance, but it's always a good idea to do some digging to make sure you're getting the best policy for you

Mar 8, 23 8:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: