Archinect
anchor

Pratt (MArch 1st Professional) with Scholarship

anaisziwei

Hi all,

I was just offered MArch (1st Professional) with a US$11,000/Semester tuition scholarship.

Is this amount worth to attend the school? Also, is this the highest amount of scholarship  available for Pratt’s MArch programme?

Mar 1, 22 6:11 pm
anaisziwei

more info:

The US$11000/Semester scholarship is only for 5 Semester. 

Mar 1, 22 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Don't think about the amount of the scholarship - think about the amount it will cost you to attend, including living expenses, after the scholarship (and any other outside funding sources you may have).

My personal prejudice is that NO architecture degree, regardless of how good and/or prestigious the school, is worth going into any debt for, but my view is at the extreme - there are certainly plenty of architects who have good careers with some student debt. (I say this as someone who did take out student loans and is happy in the profession despite the debt, but would probably still make different decisions if I had it to do over.)

Mar 1, 22 8:00 pm  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

This is in no way an extreme opinion. It is the correct one.

Mar 6, 22 8:38 am  · 
2  · 
anaisziwei

hmm... If money is out of the equation, is US$11000/Semester scholarship is only for 5 Semester a good scholarship or just a gimmick by Pratt...? :x

Mar 6, 22 3:50 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Money should always be part of the equation. How much will you end up spending here vs your other options? Do you think you can repay that money while working junior gigs at 50k/ year?

Mar 6, 22 8:37 am  · 
 · 
square.

pratt, let alone any architecture school, is definitely not worth spending that much money

Mar 6, 22 10:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: