Archinect
anchor

Let's talk about Foster, Bacon, and a guaranteed payout....

https://news.artnet.com/news-p...

The previously unidentified seller (behind the paywall) of this lovely Francis Bacon triptych is none other than Baron Norman Foster (he got an upgrade in title for everyone who missed out). The estimated range is 47-75M US. 

Christie's has guaranteed the sale, which means Foster is going to get a motherlode of a pay day. 

The morale of the story kids? Buy art. And crypto. Cause, apparently, that's the new "art".

Feb 15, 22 2:58 pm
randomised

I'll just save these images and turn them into NFT's...$$$

Feb 15, 22 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

NFTs are a bigger fool scam. 

Feb 15, 22 4:46 pm  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

I thought this was about tasty bacon. 

Feb 15, 22 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

Foster was already worth a few hundred million pounds when he sold his firm to that PE investor didn't he?

Feb 15, 22 6:07 pm  · 
 · 

indeed. look - i respect the guy. he's made it on his own. no silver spoons in his past.

Feb 16, 22 10:38 am  · 
1  · 
monosierra

Better business sense than his starchitect peers too. I remember reading about terrible financial management at Jean Nouvel's office. Foster ran a much tighter ship in comparison, while maintaining a prestigious brand.

BIG also had cash flow issues until they hired an external CEO to run the business.

Feb 16, 22 12:04 pm  · 
2  · 

I think any "successful" firm - anyone 100+ people who's still solvent - has someone running the business who's not doing design. foster has his; Bjarke - as they say often - found Sheela; Gehry turned the finances over to his wife and a COO. you need someone in that role.

Feb 16, 22 2:04 pm  · 
1  · 
monosierra

Indeed. OMA has one partner who runs the business side while dabbling in (their more gimmicky) projects. ZHA I think has a CEO who used to be an architect but who now focuses on running the firm. SHoP is an unique one - a firm whose leaders pride themselves as both entrepreneurs and architects, but who also worked in Wall St before switching to architecture.

Feb 16, 22 2:43 pm  · 
1  · 
JLC-1

I would pay that much if I could.

Feb 16, 22 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

for that particular triptych? i really like bacon and there's some i might. not that particular one.

Feb 16, 22 5:21 pm  · 
1  · 
midlander

this one would go in the conference room for meetings with problem clients

Feb 17, 22 6:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: