Archinect
anchor

Anyone want to hire me as a volunteer, unpaid intern, without a degree?

AndrewFischer-Gledhill

I'm English American in NY we kind of invented the Skyscraper in Chicago the Home Insurance Building in 1885, look up the history of construction equipment, trains, and other too - alot was English. When something new is made or invented there is no degree or training for it. Tons of people have licenses for equivalent work experience never needing a degree,  my grandfather was one of them but I never had enough contact with him, one of 3 people in California in a timespan to have a Architecture license without a degree. I realize education doesn't guarantee supplier connections and equipment to take with you or even contacts to accomplish anything. With all the undocumented workers and foreigners working in the USA I just want to get to work. There are people in culinary arts who never studied culinary arts, non union fresh of the boat or over the border construction, tradeskills, and other have been and will eventually get licensed insured credentialized without degrees while people pay and waste time in the education system. The degree, credential system is completely screwing over people born narrow minded, paying and wasting time as illgeals and foreigners get paid unlicensed, uncredentialized, without paying for any education. I've met enough. The more degrees etc trying to be sold affects native borns, the less work is done.

I'm a quick learner that doesn't believe in wasting time. I'm English and I don't believe in degrees, don't do them, just learn to do the work. Work equivalency gets licensed meaning people do it unlicensed and without degrees. Degrees and education causes homelessness its not like educators are working at a steel mill, doing construction, labor, etc. We could all be educators or students but then we would all be homeless, hungry, clothless, with nothing.

Where do I start Architecture, infrstructure, factory and product design? I have no degree but anyone want to hire me as volunteer work or unpaid internships or apprenticeship (Just make a position for me =) think about how working without a degree is the right way) or I'm making my own business, you cant stop me and want to work with me?

Feb 4, 22 7:18 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

I wouldn't hire you to clean the shit off my boots.

Feb 4, 22 8:08 pm  · 
3  · 

Even as an unpaid intern?

Feb 4, 22 8:11 pm  · 
1  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I rather pay someone, at least I'd get someone that can spell.

Feb 4, 22 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Never trust a person that’s not willing to clean the shit off their own boots…

Feb 5, 22 1:43 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Never work for free.

Feb 4, 22 9:11 pm  · 
2  · 

I could be wrong, and if I am, I sincerely apologise, but I believe you all are responding to a fantasy construct.

Feb 4, 22 9:30 pm  · 
5  · 
midlander

the OP if real clearly has a major disorder in reasoned thinking and verbal expression. this isn't the the typical young graduate seeking exposure.

Feb 5, 22 3:40 am  · 
2  · 

There is a lot of that going on.

Feb 5, 22 10:27 am  · 
 · 

It probably made perfect sense in the language it was originally written in. An anti intellectual, xenophobic diatribe that was pushed through a translator.

Feb 5, 22 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

These bots are getting better (I guess?) but to what end? What's the point? Are the folks behind the curtain just trying this out, checking back on the reactions of real people? 

Feb 5, 22 11:33 am  · 
1  · 

Macavellian. Make everyone angry by spewing as much hate as possible. That is the whole point of F** N***. The end goal is authoritarian rule.

Feb 5, 22 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

The bots have gained sentience. They are even looking for (unpaid) work. The end is nigh!

Feb 5, 22 10:00 pm  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: