Archinect
anchor

Is TU Delft still Prestigious?

Aaron_

There were many in the past, but now it's hard to find a post related to this.

Is TU Delft still a good school and has a reputation?

Can you think of 2nd place in QS Rank as the right place for TU Delft?

Isn't it less famous or worthless compared to ETH, GSD, Columbia, AA, UCL??

Jan 6, 22 9:26 am
Non Sequitur

When you can't be bothered to do adequate (or even passable) research on your own, you can always "rely" on lists and ranking systems. 

Jan 6, 22 10:39 am  · 
 · 

I wouldn't worry too much if a school is famous.   

Attending a famous school isn't nearly as important as how much you learn and what you do at said school.  Just find an accredited program with a good educational reputation that's not expensive. 

On a side note, a schools QS ranking may provide a broad overview of their education capabilities.  It doesn't however provide a good metric for an architectural program.  

I would look at these metrics for recent graduates:

How easy is it for them to get work at firms?  

What type of work are they doing at these firms? 

What are they being paid?

Good luck! 

Jan 6, 22 10:42 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Chad, based on this user's history and propensity for asking others to do their research, I predict 3 new threads in the very near future.

Jan 6, 22 10:51 am  · 
 · 

Probably. I still wanted to be nice though.

Jan 6, 22 12:32 pm  · 
2  · 
monosierra

A ranking that thinks Stanford's "architecture" program is comparable to what other degree programs offer? Come on.

Jan 6, 22 12:04 pm  · 
 · 

Nobody cares what your schools ranking is.

Jan 6, 22 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

Apparently OP cares. I have no idea who else does. Not even schools care. QS is always trying to drum up interest in itself, like other rankings.

Jan 6, 22 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
justavisual

you should study in the country (or at least on the continent) you want to work in later...and then figure if a school is the right fit for you. But yeah, TU Delft is a really good school...

as always the study is what you make of it...

Jan 6, 22 2:53 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

It wasn’t too prestigious for me, but then again I’m a genius…good luck at any of those loser schools like GSD, AA, UCL, ETH or Columbia whatever

Jan 6, 22 5:06 pm  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: