Archinect
anchor

What to do between bachelor and masters?

Naransan

I am currently working on my graduation project and I will be graduated from my bachelor degree on March. I also got erasmus internship scholarship and I can use it after I graduate. I need sometime to get ready for masters applications. So I was hoping to find a job or an internship for a year and apply to masters programs meanwhile how ever most of the offices don't accept graduates as interns but they also don't accept bachelor graduates as junior architects. So what do I do?

I would be so happy to get some advice. 

Thank you.

Jan 4, 22 2:39 pm
msparchitect

Titles are only relevant in large corporate structures. Even then... you're applying for a job with X education and Y experience. Even if Y = 0, there are entry-level positions out there. Lots of them. 

Don't fret. Lots of people are hiring at the moment so you should be pretty set. I highly recommend working between undergrad and grad school. It gives you a better focus when back in studio.

Jan 4, 22 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
Naransan

Thank you. I also think working before masters will help me get a better idea about the kind of masters I want. I will keep applying.

Jan 9, 22 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
Toesdblue

I wouldn't worry too much about this. I've seen countless internship ads that are for students and new graduates only. I would apply to places and be clear though that you are looking for a 1 year internship/1 year position. Some firms can accommodate this, others may not...but don't stress about it...have you worked at a local firm while in school? This may be a good place to start. If a firm can handle seasonal internships then its probably a good indication that they can handle longer ones too. 

The experience will be good and you'll likely pick things up faster than expected. 

Jan 5, 22 11:13 am  · 
 · 
Naransan

I did internships before but not in Europe so I don't have connections. I want to work in Europe since I already have a small Erasmus internship scholarship.

Jan 9, 22 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

You can intern with your Erasmus scholarship, make sure to mention it in your applications…you will have difficulty getting a junior architect position with only a bachelors degree in Europe afaik, that’s intern level. You can (depending on your bachelor) be a fulltime 3D modeller/bim drafter, plenty of jobs there too.

Jan 9, 22 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
Naransan

I mention it in my applications but my scholarship is only for two months so I need to get paid for sure. Is there any known websites to look for internships in Europe you can recommend?

Jan 9, 22 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I’ve heard some good things about Google.com, might be worth checking out ;-)

Jan 10, 22 2:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: