Archinect
anchor

How will Biden's Infrastructure Plan effect employment outlook for Environmental Design students graduating with the next few years?

builditforward

Asking with the utmost curiosity. What type of opportunities will arise, and will they go away?

Also, feel free to answer with regards for M.Arch students too!

Nov 16, 21 2:38 pm
Non Sequitur

Is Biden proposing an update to the undergrad and M.arch curricula as to better prepare fresh grads when entering the working world? If so, that would be nice to have the average students able to contribute from the start instead of limping along wounded by their failed utopian dreams.

/s  

slightly.

Nov 16, 21 2:46 pm  · 
1  ·  1

I still find this idea that fresh grads useless very odd. The program I graduated from produced capable grads. Obviously we only knew the bare minimum to be useable but still. Are the programs today really that devoid of things like detailing, building systems, and sciences?

Nov 16, 21 3:15 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

Chad, I'm in the same canoe as you but I'm not finding no where the same level of abilities in the new grads I come across. I don't think it's the programs, specifically, but somewhere along the 5 to 7 years spent in school, someone needs to hammer in equal respect for design and construction knowledge. hence the slight sarcasm tag in my comment above.

Nov 16, 21 3:21 pm  · 
 · 

Good point. I've certainly encountered grads from M. Arch programs who where only taught theory and very little practical skills. I'd be very upset if I had a masters and could do basic detailing or understand constructability.

Nov 16, 21 3:25 pm  · 
 · 

Environmental Design degrees are worthless.  They're even worse than an Architectural Sciences degree. 

Nothing is going to improve the outlook of someone with a degree in ED.  Well, other than getting a Bachelor's of Architecture and getting licensed.  

Nov 16, 21 3:18 pm  · 
 · 

Environmental Design = ED, lol.

Nov 16, 21 4:35 pm  · 
1  · 

There is a metaphor in there somewhere.

Nov 16, 21 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

In Canada, there are no undergrad architecture degrees. Most are ED so it's an issue of semantics really.

Nov 16, 21 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

somewhere between slim-none in terms of financial gains, and the slim will be canceled out by the inflation rate.  

I’m terms of environmental impact somewhere between nothin-not enough-waaayyyy to complex for little politician brains to figure out.  

Nov 16, 21 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Biden put former New Orleans mayor Mitch Landrieu is in charge of doling out the 1 trillion dollars. "Laissez les bons temps rouler." 

But not for you. 

Nov 17, 21 5:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: