Archinect
anchor

Anne Spitzer School of Architecture Admissions

builditforward

Hello!!

Does anyone know how selective admissions is at the Anne Spitzer School of Architecture, graduate track I (3.5 yr, for non-architecture undergraduates) program?

This is my top choice for grad school, as I’m from NYC and they’re the only public STEM and NAAB accredited school in the state besides UB… graduating with a BA in Environment Design (planning), and a minor in Architecture from UB. I just want to field ideas on how hard admissions will be, I cannot find anything regarding this or acceptance rates or anything related online to the graduate track I program. Very very very curious…

Nov 10, 21 8:10 pm
Hannah Borgeson

Hello there! I'm the administrator for the graduate programs at City College's Spitzer School of Architecture, so part of my job is to help applicants through the progress. I may be a bit biased but certainly agree that you've made a good choice in targeting our school! We've had many great students from UB in our M Arch program (just 3 years) and would be happy to consider your application. 

Our program is fairly small, with typically just two studio cohorts in the incoming class. The application process is selective but not overly competitive; we are generally able to admit all qualified applicants. Admission decisions do not prioritize any particular geography, but as a New Yorker you’ll be able to take advantage of our low in-state tuition rates.

You just missed our M Arch info session, which was earlier in the month. We have some general grad info sessions coming up – feel free to join any of these virtual events for more information. See details at https://ssa.ccny.cuny.edu/admissions/graduate/g-info-sessions/

Nov 15, 21 4:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: