Archinect
anchor

Other Careers other than Architecture

Hello Everyone - 

I recently graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Architecture. Currently, I had the opportunity to relocate and work for a small firm in the Pacific Northwest. So far, I enjoy my role as an associate, but I am unsure if I want to be designing buildings for the rest of my life. Also, the path to become a licensed architect is a long, expensive journey. Thus, I want to know what other careers people explore within the design field and peoples' experiences. 

Oct 22, 21 3:18 pm
JLC-1

Interior Designer, Product Representative, Office manager, Illustrator, Blog writer.

Oct 22, 21 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
burgerbarn

A lot of people don't get licensed and are just as capable. So at least don't think you need a license to prove yourself worthy of being in the profession. It may hinder years from now or it may not, everyone has different goals and acceptable compromises/growth ceilings. 

There's a bunch of threads on this. You can hop over to related industries or get started on something like UI/UX design or the typical learn to code. Can probably try for startups looking to dismantle the dinosaur construction industry. I can't say people really enjoy those alternatives much more if not backed by generally higher pay over the long run.

Oct 22, 21 4:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: