Archinect
anchor

Which specialization to go for to build high rise structures?

Kora

Hi, I am a 5th-year architecture student from India. I am looking to apply for a master's programme right after I complete my undergraduate degree (or work for a year and then apply). I am interested in designing high-rise structures and I have a goal of designing skyscrapers one day. What masters specialization to opt for to do that? And if possible, please list any good schools offering specialization courses relating to this. I was suggested to go to countries like Japan, South Korea and Singapore as the use of high-rise structures in these countries is abundant.

Oct 18, 21 12:54 am
zonker

Cornell, then after you graduate, see if you can get into SOM, there, if you make the right moves, you will be getting a fair amount of skyscraper experience - thats what I did

Oct 18, 21 11:36 am  · 
 · 
Kora

Did you do the M.Arch at Cornell or the MS AAD? For building high-rise structures only M.Arch is fine? No need for any specialization? Also what about any Asian university? I was thinking of Japan or Korea

Oct 23, 21 5:43 am  · 
 · 

I would seek out the folks that work on high-rises rather than go for additional specialization. A CM buddy of mine left school with a bachelor's degree to work for a high rise glass cladding company. His second job was New York by Gehry. Kind of lucky but he sought out high rise work as well. Just a thought.

Oct 29, 21 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
Kora

The problem is that it is very hard to find a job in another country without doing your masters there. Almost all the people who go out to work in a different country here do their post-graduation first and then find a job there.

Oct 30, 21 1:25 am  · 
 · 
reallynotmyname

http://bulletin.iit.edu/gradua...

Oct 30, 21 12:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: