Archinect
anchor

MIT Architecture

KyleWalter

Hi all,

I am a international student admitted to the MIT MArch Program with fundings and still trying to decide whether to join the program or not.

I saw that the MIT ranked the first on the QS rankings again in the architecture field. However I've also heard from my previous professor that MIT MArch program is not its strongest program. I'm still talking to other current students and alumni to understand more about the program. But I thought there might be ppl who have some thoughts on this fourm

Would like to know how others view this school. And whether it is worth it to invest 3.5 years and the money on this program.

Aug 8, 21 11:03 pm
monosierra

Those rankings should be the last thing to even glance at. They mean nada to employers and students and compares programs that are nothing alike - Stanford shows up on the ranking despite not even having an architecture program comparable to M.Arch.

Aug 9, 21 9:04 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Why even apply if you don’t know if you want to go there??? Don’t go and give the spot to someone that really wants to go to MIT and did their homework before applying...

Aug 9, 21 11:56 am  · 
3  · 
Non Sequitur

nah.... must be your first day on the internets. Asking random wankers online to make adult decisions for you is the new thing. 8-)

Aug 9, 21 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
hiall

How did he even get admitted in the first place if he didn't know anything about the school...I find it hard to believe.

Aug 10, 21 4:30 pm  · 
1  · 
Scarpa60

What are your other options?

Aug 9, 21 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
otterworldly

I don't really get it. I thought the M.Arch is the only professional architecture program at MIT? Not their strongest program compared to what? Comparing it to the post-professional or other non-architecture program is definitely not apple to apple.

Aug 10, 21 10:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: