Archinect
anchor

Harvard GSD (MArch I) or the Bartlett, UCL (MArch architecture)?

Scarpa60

I got admitted to the 3.5-year MArch I programme (NAAB accredited) at Harvard, and the 2-year MArch architecture programme (RIBA accredited) at the Bartlett, UCL, and I've completed my undergraduate studies in architecture from a UK university. I am unable to decide which one to go to, since the fees are fortunately not really an issue for me. But, I am somewhat certain that I would like to go down the research route. Which university is better in terms of research and in general? Harvard GSD sounds like the obvious answer, but it is 3.5 years! Is it really worth it? 

Jul 28, 21 2:00 pm
rain-on-me

Shouldn't the deadline for GSD pass a long time ago??

Jul 30, 21 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
TED

If fees are not an issue go to GDS

Aug 1, 21 2:34 am  · 
 · 
randomised

you’ll be able to study almost twice the duration at Harvard, be twice as long exposed to some of the best and brightest in the field, have almost twice the amount of projects you can do, etc. This should be a no-brainer when money is not an issue...

Aug 1, 21 3:27 am  · 
1  · 
Chewy234

It's not worth it. If you want to go into research, take the shortest program for your professional degree, then you can focus on a research degree. 

Aug 2, 21 8:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: