Archinect
anchor

Should I move from SCAD to other college in nyc?

okjahey

I am currently majoring in fashion design at SCAD and am thinking of moving to universities in New York such as Parsons, FIT, and Pratt.

I heard that SCAD is a good school, but Georgia doesn't seem to have much influence on fashion other than New York.

SCAD also has a lower reputation than Parsons, FIT, and Pratt. I'm worried about my future after graduation. Because I can't ignore the fact that most people judge by their college.

Would it be worthwhile for fashion design students to get out of SCAD and enroll in another school?

Please give me some advice. Thank you for helping me.

Jun 13, 21 12:06 pm
flatroof

Yes

Jun 13, 21 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
archinine
Yes. Everyone from SCA just moves to nyc after they graduate, but with far fewer connections.
Jun 13, 21 1:40 pm  · 
1  · 
JAK-90825
SCAD Alum in the house! Yo why are you asking this on Archinect? If you are worried about your future - Id consider your financials very carefully. If youve got your education via loans already Id bail on New York unless you have a way to keep a roof over your head and feed yourself. Those loans are going to be a heavy burden given your already starting at SCAD and say you come out of school making 50k a year. Ive done it and Im living through it. I didnt get the boost in salary to get me to a better financial situation until 5 years in with an Architecture license in hand. Best of luck!
Jun 15, 21 9:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: