Archinect
anchor

M Arch 1 Preparation

magnolia22

I am an undergrad student studying art history with interests in going into an architecture masters after I graduate. My question is, what double major or minors would complement my art history degree well enough to be helpful for the work I would take on in the M Arch program? Any tips are helpful as I am the first person in my family to be interested in architecture and my university does not have an architecture program farther than art history classes.

May 21, 21 5:03 pm
thatsthat

If you're set on double majoring or minoring, I would suggest something like art, where you can work on drawing skills, but also hopefully get in some practice with watercolor and 3 dimensional work, like pottery, furniture making, or welding. That will help you build up your representation skills and hopefully give you some work for a portfolio you can use to apply. Otherwise, try to take calculus and physics because they are often required as prereqs.

May 21, 21 5:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: