Archinect
anchor

Foreign Architect Path - advice needed! CCNY vs IAAC

elena10

Hello all! I am presently deciding between CCNY in NYC and IAAC in Barcelona. IAAC is a two-year program while CCNY is three years; IAAC is also less expensive. However I am worried about eventual accreditation in the US and am struggling to compare the merits of both programs. if anyone has any insight on NCARB's Foreign Architect Path or any opinion on these two programs, please let me know!! Seeking some guidance... 

May 5, 21 3:41 pm
mahnoorfatima

Hey! what decision did you end making? Does going to IAAC still offer a good career path in the States?

Mar 6, 24 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
Zorbon the Builder

CCNY is a mediocre school from what I hear but it's cheap. The program itself is great it just doesn't have much name-brand recognition. You will learn everything at CCNY that you would learn at any other school. I toured their campus and took classes there. Also, CCNY is in a very bad neighborhood so beware.

Mar 7, 24 11:44 am  · 
 · 
Immigrant Developer

What does Barcelona have to teach if you want to work and practice in New York? Yeah sure the idea of studying abroad sounds cool and cheap but you get for you pay for. Youll have higher success in NYC with opportunities and an easier license process. No firm would care if you studied at which ever school in Europe. Besides the top well-known ones which arent in your options. 

Mar 8, 24 1:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: