Archinect
anchor

SCI Arc Vs die Angewandte

dt_cs

I have witnessed some heavy criticism over Studio Greg Lynn and Studio Hani Rashid being very experimental and speculative. Their works are similar to SCI-Arc's works. But I wonder why SCI-Arc is preferred over die Angewandte, even though it's cheap.

May 3, 21 5:59 am
randomised

Would "neither" also be an option?

May 3, 21 6:11 am  · 
 · 
dt_cs

Lol, but I'm interested in knowing why one is preferred over the other.

May 3, 21 6:38 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Well, one is in Austria and the other in LA...maybe that has something to do with it, depending on where you’re from that makes a huge difference, no? Choosing between Lynn and Rashid or SCI-Arc feels to me like a very important choice if this was two decades ago or something...

May 3, 21 3:39 pm  · 
1  · 
lower.case.yao

Sci-arc is a feeder school for the top grad schools. I know 2 b.archs from sci-arc that went to GSD, worked with another in a starchitect firm. Sci-arc's just got more connections and better reputation in the states. I know another masters grad from die Angewandte that's an associate at Fosters now.

May 3, 21 2:06 pm  · 
1  · 
Koww

bullshit follows form / form follows bullshit . not sure which is which. less chance of riots and civil war in vienna probably. of course the turks could try to invade but that didn't work last time.

May 4, 21 2:48 am  · 
1  · 
randomised

The Turks don’t need to invade as they are already there ;-)

May 4, 21 4:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: