Archinect
anchor

EMERGENCY wood wall

timburr

Hey guys I am currently a BArch student and for my assignment I have to identify control layers, cladding and cavity (basically structures) of a already exisiting building that is wood-mass timber, light framing, or cross lam timber. Can you suggest an already existing building that has a already identified wall or a structure with a really good wall section drawing?

Thank you so much :*(

Apr 26, 21 1:05 pm
tduds

Every existing building should have a good wall section drawing. That's usually how they get built.

Apr 26, 21 1:14 pm  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

This is the correct answer. In fact, there are likely several wall sections.

Apr 26, 21 1:26 pm  · 
1  · 
Almosthip

Why cant you identify the layers / structure yourself?  Isn't that the idea behind the assignment? 

1  · 
Non Sequitur

something something lazy student. 

2  · 
Wood Guy

I'm learning why you don't have a lot of patience for this type of post/poster...

Apr 26, 21 2:18 pm  · 
2  · 
SneakyPete

What does an emergency wood wall look like?

Apr 26, 21 2:04 pm  · 
3  · 
Wood Guy

This is a good article: https://www.finehomebuilding.c...

The author was our co-host on the BS + Beer Show, including this episode where he talked about control layers: 

As with other students, we are not going to do your homework for you but we may review and comment if you post your best attempt here.

Apr 26, 21 2:22 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: