Archinect
anchor

Applying to RIBA II Program w/o RIBA I

bec bflo

Hi!

I'm interested in applying to grad school for architecture in Britain. I don't have an architecture undergrad degree. I'm currently in my Junior year at a university in the states. Is this okay? In the end, I'm planning on getting a PhD and becoming an academic, so licensing isn't necessarily an issue. Thanks!

Apr 21, 21 4:52 pm
spickney2000

Not really sure how far you are going to get if you don't have a BA or BSc in Architecture.....

Apr 28, 21 10:58 am  · 
 · 
TED

UK is different that the US - Unis do not admit students into `MArch part II programs without an architectural degree - it does not have to be a Part I.  Most international students who study are Part II's do not have a Part I but all have an architectural (sometimes Interior design) undergrad degree.  Programme validation documents across all RIBA programs require this.

You could get into a 1 year Masters in Architecture degree (non-professional) or MA Architectural History and then do a PhD. 

There are many academics in the UK that do not have architectural qualifications. I know a handful that teach design.  

Apr 28, 21 2:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: