Archinect
anchor

(UK)Kingston vs London metropolitan

donaldau

Hello all, 

I am admitted to Kingston University and London metropolitan both for M.Arch program. It’s hard for me to choose between them. Would anyone have any first hand experience or comment on these two schools? Much appreciated!

Apr 15, 21 8:08 pm
robhaw

It wouldn't be hard to decide if you know the reasons why you applied to these schools in particular. 

Apr 17, 21 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
spickney2000

Have you been to any of their exhibitions etc? you should maybe go as they have a lot on and you can talk to the students and get a feel for their experiences. 

Apr 26, 21 7:58 am  · 
 · 
TED

Part I or Part II?

Apr 26, 21 10:01 am  · 
 · 
spickney2000

TED I think that's for part II

May 19, 21 10:23 am  · 
 · 
ODMA

These two schools have very similar rankings, and in my own mind I always group them together as having quite a similar quality and standard of work. Both are positioned in schools of Art with a lot of emphasis on craft and tectonics. They have both had quite a few well known and high quality practitioners - Peter St John, Florian Beigel (recently passed away unfortunately) in London Met; Daniel Rosbottom (at TU Delft now), Andrew Clancy in Kingston. These are schools that are very focussed on the craft and art of making buildings - although there are programmes in urban design (both London Met and Kingston) and landscape (in Kingston), these may not be the best option for this focus - but if crafting and designing buildings are your focus then either school would be a great fit. 

May 19, 21 10:49 am  · 
 · 
ODMA

Also I'm not sure about the workshop facilities at London Met, but I was blown away by the workshops at Kingston when I visited once! Really comprehensive.

May 19, 21 12:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: