Archinect
anchor

Bachelor degree in Italy suggestions

Arches11

Hi everyone... I am asking this question for people who are familiar with the different styles of Architecture schools in Europe. I know it might be a bit too late now to apply for some of these programs for 2021 entrance but here it goes...

I have been researching online a lot lately for European architecture schools taught in English (with the exception of UK; I know that there are some amazing schools there, but given the tuition fees for EU students I chose to look elsewhere).. 

I was particularly interested in Italian schools, primarily because I love Italian culture, but then I have heard some negative rumours about Italian schools in general (teachers cancelling classes or being late, not enough practical work etc) and besides I couldn’t find any Architecture programs taught in English there... I looked at the Venice and the Rome (Sapienza) universities and they are taught in Italian only. Turin and Milan, does anyone have any feedback on these?

Anyhow I have started looking at Mendrisio USI given its proximity to Italian borders/Lake Como and I was wondering what the general feedback for this school is.. I am not particularly fond of Le Corbusier and I can see that some of this school’s professors have worked with him in the past and they have similar styles. I am more interested in enhanced creativity, hand drawing and digitalization. 

Just some feedback or suggestions from you guys would help me a lot..

Apr 5, 21 11:16 am
JLC-1

you will not find any architecture program in italy taught in english.

Also, all italian undergrad programs have a heavy conservation and restoration component, almost as important to them as studio.

Apr 5, 21 12:01 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

I’ve come across very competent people that studied in Milan, Turin or Venice, but they were all Italian...and taught a class to Torino PhD students from all over the world, level of the students was so-so, the teachers were brilliant on the other hand...so not very helpful here, scusa...

Apr 5, 21 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
intoenglish

The Polytechnic of Milan provide a Bachelor's degree in Architecture which is taught in English...

Apr 27, 21 4:29 pm  · 
1  · 
newbie.Phronesis

Seconded - even their website has an (fairly good) English version. Also have a Masters program, and the school itself seems to focus on creativity and some eccentricity. Italy's architectural job market is apparently highly saturated though, so you may not want to stay afterwards...

Apr 27, 21 11:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: