Archinect
anchor

Too long for offers??

Khangggl

(Undergrad)/ International student in CA:  I have applied for 3 architecture school in Canada : Carleton, Ryerson, and Laurentian, but only received offer from Laurentian. I have waited for nearly 3 months for 2 others (Since mid January) , my mom said that maybe I have been put into waitlist cause My grade is not really good compared to others. I had ave grade around mid 80s and had a “good enough” portfolio (my teacher said), I know I am not a competitive one, but is it that difficult to get into Canadian architecture school ? I just wonder if I am not good enough or they have not taken a look at my application yet.

Apr 2, 21 6:14 pm
Non Sequitur

first, schools will tell you if you’re on t for waitlist. Second, maybe here have already posted acceptance to RYU and Carleton. Perhaps not all have been sent. As for competition, yes, competition is very strong for the undergrad programs. Classes are small (40 to 60ish get in depending on school) and many people want to apply.  Grades don’t matter as much as long as you meet the minimums. The folio is king. 

Can’t say much about laurentian, but is it the syllabus program? Since you’re an international student, you need to confirm that that is the right option. Also, Sudbury is quite remote for a campus and it’s a far drive to anywhere useful. 

Apr 2, 21 7:00 pm  · 
2  · 
newbie.Phronesis

To add on to N.S.'s points, seems to be high number of applicants this year  - some Canadian universities are only sending acceptance and waitlist letters now-ish (for M.Arch, at least).

Apr 2, 21 7:11 pm  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: