Archinect
anchor

MArch1 UC Berkeley vs UPenn

Wuuuu

I got admitted to Berkeley MArch 1 program with no fund, UPenn MArch1 & MS Historic preservation dual degree with 20k annually. Has anyone have some advice? ( I am interested in historic preservation so I applied for the dual degree) 

Does Upenn focus more on parametic design, and Berkeley seems like a tradional architecture school focus more on practical design? I'm not good at programming, it that gonna be a problem at UPenn? Besides is the workload for dual degree much heavier?  Does anyone have some advice?Thanks in advance! 

Apr 1, 21 1:53 pm
adesignerdesigner

If I'm being honest there is a number of students at Penn who dislike it there because Penn focuses more on the production of work. However, I am highly considering going there since I enjoy design softwares such as keynote and maya. Berkley for sure focuses on practical design more than UPenn does. I would ask to talk to a student who has a dual degree in both and also hear what they have to say.

Apr 2, 21 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

I've had co-workers from both - while the Cal grads are more design oriented, the Penn grads are more methodical, production oriented - at the end of the day, which coast do you want to live on? I live in Berkeley and we have great weather here

Apr 2, 21 5:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: