Archinect
anchor

Negotiating Financial Aids with GSD

evamcleigh

Hello! Just wondering if anyone had successfully negotiated a financial aid after not being offered one when first accepted by GSD? 

I'm thinking if it's worth a try and schedule a meeting with them. I'm getting half tuition equivalent aids from Yale and Cornell so would be great if GSD can at least offer some too.

Cheers ;)

Mar 29, 21 6:54 pm
sabbyyuu

hi! I went through this process last year, received 0 from them and tried to negotiate up until decision day and ultimately declined the offer upon receiving nothing.. 

decided to take a year out and take my chance with scholarships fo British students which didn't work out in the end, so going thru the same process of negotiating with 0 to my name AGAIN. Its pretty disheartening to be honest and Gail Gustafson/Keith Gnoza seem to be quite pessimistic regarding funding..

Are you domestic or international? Feel like this seems to affect the situation alot.

Mar 10, 22 10:09 am  · 
 · 
sabbyyuu

i just realised this was last year! May i ask what you went for in the end and how was the financial situation at each school?

waiting to hear back from yale today regarding aid.. more hopeful than the GSD.

Mar 10, 22 10:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: