Archinect
anchor

Georgia Tech Vs. City College Of New York for M.Arch

Hello, I know that similar questions have been asked before, but I would still like to know more details regarding the two schools. I have gotten accepted into both Georgia Tech and City College of New York for M.Arch, and I am trying to decide which one to choose. My first choice is currently City college of New York since it has it's own advantage of location,  and also has varied units to select for Advanced Studio. New York is ofcourse a big city which might help me make connections easier, and I assume that will help me for my future prospects and getting good jobs. Another reason for which I am inclined towards CCNY is it's overall cost is cheaper.

However, the reason why I am still hesitating is that Georgia Tech is reputed and amongst the top 20 universities in USA. I just generally don't know much about the M.Arch program at CCNY and I'm not sure how it compares to the one at Georgia Tech.

If anyone has advice or recommendations, please let me know! I know that I currently have my heart set on CCNY, but I think since I don't know enough about Georgia Tech I shouldn't dismiss it completely. I just want to know the general scenario for getting higher pay scale and if it really matters for getting good jobs and higher pay scale if you'e graduating from one of the top universities or if the location matters.

Mar 25, 21 12:10 pm

Hi,

I have studied at both Georgia Tech and CUNY. I completely agree that CUNY has much more options when it comes to Advanced Studio. In addition, you will have the chance to visit sites, museums, public spaces in the city related to your studio. You will also have the chance to attend conferences and other events organized by AIA, Architectural League etc. These are much more limited in Atlanta (Georgia Tech) to be honest with you. Also, keep in mind that Georgia Tech has a very good reputation for providing good engineering courses rather than architectural ones.

Also, if you are aiming to work in New York after or during your studies, I believe that CCNY will give you more opportunities to find the right connections. Regarding the pay scale, it doesn't matter where you study because the pay scale has to do more with professional experience rather than education. 

I hope this helps a little!

Mar 29, 21 9:44 am  · 
1  · 
hellykamdar

Hey, this has helped me alot for my further decisions. Thanks.

Mar 30, 21 5:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: