Archinect
anchor

SCI-Arc vs UCLA AUD vs USC SoA

pinkjotto

SCI-Arc vs UCLA AUD vs USC SoA

-

I have been admitted to these 3 schools. Which school would you go and why? If you would have recommendations and advices would be much helpful.

Note: When answering/advising, without considering money/tuition as a factor.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance. 

Mar 18, 21 10:23 pm
Arc_verbose

Congrat on getting in to all 3 schools!! Is for an M.Arch or Bachelor's??

Mar 19, 21 11:05 am  · 
1  · 
pinkjotto's comment has been hidden
pinkjotto

-

Mar 19, 21 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
pinkjotto's comment has been hidden
pinkjotto

-

Mar 19, 21 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
pinkjotto

Thank you, @Arc_verbose. 

For M.Arch  

Any insight and words of advice on which school you’d recommend and not would be highly appreciated. You can be biased. I am looking for all opinions. 

And Looking forward to hearing from anyone who are willing to shard. Thank you!

Mar 19, 21 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
Sirc

hi @pinkjotto, congratulations!! I’m on the exact same boat :) also been admitted to the 3 schools for M.Arch (I in my case) and looking for advice on how to choose. Hope you don’t mind piggybacking on your question (:

Have you read the old threads on this? Besides the usual comments on the different theory-practice-avant-garde focus of each school, feedback on the quality of the programs varies greatly - particularly wrt USC, and slightly less so on SCI-Arc - over the years. For instance feedback on USC is more and more positive over the past 5-7 years. Feedback on UCLA seems to be a bit more consistent throughout the years.

Mar 20, 21 6:04 am  · 
 · 
pinkjotto

@Sirc Thank you for the reply. What is 'wrt'?

Mar 20, 21 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
Sirc

ah! sorry :) it is shorthand for "With Respect To"

Mar 22, 21 3:56 pm  · 
1  · 
pinkjotto

Noted, thank you

Mar 22, 21 5:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: