Archinect
anchor

Grad School: GaTech Vs VTech

mahnoorfaheem

I am a resident of Georgia with a B. ARCH from Pakistan. I am in at both Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech for their Masters in architecture programs (2 year track.) Both the program's stem designation and focus on science and technology attracted me to them. (My undergrad was a more theory and art focused degree)

I am confused about the programs. I am going to reach out to student ambassadors and alumni but any help identifying key differences in the programs would be great! 

I don't know which state I would want to live in. Atlanta as a city is ok but would be nice to get out of the south maybe. On the other hand, instate tuition would greatly reduce the cost. 

Mar 18, 21 12:31 pm
nilenvarade
Hey, Congratulations! I've received my admit from GaTech for the same program and I'm waiting to attend the Open House to get further clarity on the program. In the letter, they mentioned that they’d release information on funding this week but I haven't heard back from them yet. Did they offer you any scholarship?
Mar 20, 21 7:53 am  · 
1  · 
chel091

Hey, I was admitted to GaTech for the 3.5 year program, waiting to attend the open house as well. They emailed me a funding offer on 3/17 because they were unsure if I could see it in BANNER (I could not) so it may be the same case for you? The funding offer was for a repeatable Teaching Assistant position every Fall but would still require me to pay out-of-state tuition every spring :/.

Mar 20, 21 10:27 am  · 
 · 
mahnoorfaheem

Hi! Congratulations to you too! It was mentioned on my acceptance letter from the graduate school at Georgia tech that the program would contact me about an aid offer separately, and I haven't seen anything from them so far. I will email them and ask in a few days. I did the same thing with V.Tech and they told me they would let me know soon. 

Mar 21, 21 7:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: