Archinect
anchor

MFA, MDes, MArch - Interior Architecture / Design

nat.silva

Hi everyone,

I'm starting this thread for people applying to Master in Design- MDes, Masters of Fine Arts- MFA, Master of Architecture w/ Emphasis in Interiors- MArch, and other graduate study programs related to Interior Architecture or Interior Design. 

I haven't seen a similar thread or recent forum discussion for these applications and think it will be helpful!

• Undergraduate Degree/School/Country/ Year Graduated 
  • GPA - TOEFL/Duolingo/IELTS
  • Letter of Recommendations 
  • Portfolio
  • Schools and their respective programs (and results/responses if you've received them!)
  • Tips/Suggestions

Mar 16, 21 1:34 pm
nat.silva

Hey!
I hope we all find this helpful! Mostly I'm hoping we can help each other with decisions and with admittance dates that are still pending. 

Undergraduate Degree/School/Country/ Year Graduated 
B.Arch equivalent, Universidad de los Andes, Colombia, 2019

GPA - TOEFL/Duolingo/IELTS
4.02/5 , 106 on the TOEFL

Letter of Recommendations 
I sent two from undergrad professors, one from my current employer, and one from a client who I've worked for various times as a freelance designer. 

Portfolio
Don't have a website or link, but I included my undergrad thesis project, a bunch of projects I've worked on with my current employer, and some art work (not directly related to architecture or interiors).

Schools and their respective programs 
RISD - MDes in Exhibition and Narrative Environments: Accepted
SAIC - MArch with Emphasis in Interior Architecture: Accepted
Pratt - MFA Interior Design: Awaiting
Parsons - MFA Dual program Interior and Lighting Design: Awaiting

Tips/Suggestions
I've been given this tip many times, and I think it worked for the most part: don't just show finished work in your portfolio, the schools need to understand the way you think and your process!
Another tip that I needed when I started my application: most schools will look at your portfolio on a screen or projection, don't send anything in vertical formats, you won't be using your space wisely. Also, if the application is through SlideRoom, submit everything in singular JPGs rather than PDFs (the platform will show it better).

Mar 16, 21 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
shivanginagda

From that point forward about Interior Designing, the patio has shed its elitist signifier and has turned into a staple for homes the world over. A patio, loggia, veranda, open air room, or overhang offers us security from the components and a spot to get a breeze and relax. 

Nov 2, 21 3:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: