Archinect
anchor

Which school (Berkeley, Tulane, SCI-Arc, or RISD?)

ice-cream-truck

Money-wise:

Berkeley only gave me first year $, is it worth the reputation?

Tulane, SCI-Arc, and RISD made it affordable for me. 

Ethos-wise:

I want to study sustainable design and participate in community activism, looking for a school that provides a harmonious blend of theoretical studies, activism, creativity, and practicality.

Tulane seems very sincere and practical. Their city is literally in trouble and no-one is joking around. Is Tulane a good program despite its lower ranking (comparing to the other three)?

Is SCI-Arc too speculative, dreamy, and impractical? I went to their Open House and it seems like despite the online reputation their students' work can be quite down to earth unlike what people say.

I want to end up working on the West Coast, but also really interested in RISD, is there still a chance to work in the West after as a RISD alum? 

Berkeley, I know, might be the best of all but it is not affordable for me. Does anyone know if an international student can negotiate Berkeley money?

Mar 13, 21 3:02 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: