Archinect
anchor

USC/RISD/UIUC/CORNELL(WAITLISTED)/UMICH(WAITLISTED)

snehalakshmi1

Hello all!

I’ve received a few options and waitlists! I was wondering if you guys would share your two cents! I am an international student and have been offered admissions at USC/UIUC/RISD( 2year advance placement), waitlisted at Cornell( MS AAD)/Umich.  I am interested in the idea/possibility of exploring if Digital design and fabrication technologies/ designing for disassembly could inform design ( particularly the low-cost housing landscape). I am also interested in research on new ways to influence behavior/psych with the background medium of architecture.

Right now I am leaning towards RISD ( I feel like opportunities with their industrial design program might help my aspirations. Their website wasn’t very informative, waiting for the open house to know more). Its associations with Brown and reputation might help with the job hunt. PVD proximity to NYC/Boston is a bonus.

USC/UIUC seem like a good options. Waiting for their open house to know more( Especially USC)

Cornell -Though, I am still waiting on Cornell( MSAAD), I believe that their RCL lab might be a great fit for me. The ivy status might help?

Umich- They seem to have great facilities/faculty/reputation.

Since I am an international student, how hard/ easy is it to land a job as an architect on graduation? Is the schools’ rank a deciding factor? I should be able to score an internship/co-ops, make connections and networks. Any input on the schools would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much for your time in advance!

P.S : Cost is not a concern right now. 

Mar 13, 21 11:19 am
Non Sequitur

cost should always be a concern esp since you’re asking about employment options post grad. Take the cheapest option. 

Mar 13, 21 11:21 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: