Archinect
anchor

Wait listed from Sci-Arc

tt27
I’ve been wait listed from Sci-Arc March2 program. Would I have a chance to get in? Are there any positive stories of waitlisted students to be admitted to Sci-Arc in the past?

Mar 13, 21 4:06 am
levifingerer

i have the same with PENN.   I'm also wondering if there's anything to do.  Is it just a nice way of them to decline us?

Mar 13, 21 9:22 am  · 
 · 
tt27

So i've heard that once the accepted student finalise their decision, they'll consider applicants in the waitlists for the empty seats. I saw some youtube videos where people stated that waitlists students are not usually ranked. All the applications are reviewed again, and students are chosen on various factors such as finances or geographic etc. Also the waitlisted students get a rough idea by the end of april and so on.... even till july.

What you can do is write an email asking if the waitlists are ranked and the estimated time after which the waitlists students will be catered to. A letter of continued interest and why you want to attend the program. Ask them if you could add extra achievements or things you've been working on to improve yourself after the application process. These things might highlight you and might still have a chance. btw you should watch some youtube vids tho. They're helpful. 

Nonetheless congratulations on getting accepted from two universities. I'm still waiting for my results. Only applied in 4. Only heard from one as of now in which i've been waitlisted :P so its ....... 

Mar 13, 21 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
tt27

Ohmygod i literally just got my acceptance email from another one just as i was replying to your comment. This thread is my lucky charm. XD 

I've only applied to Sci-Arc, Columbia GSAPP, USC and carnegie mellon. and got my first acceptance just right now from CMU.

Any thoughts about Carnegie Mellon's M.arch and M.S AAS programs tho? 

Mar 13, 21 2:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: