Archinect
anchor

Canada 3 years MArch program admissions

anasriaz

Hello, I am currently a 3rd year in a non design undergrad and am looking to pursue a 3 year Masters in Architecture in Canada. As far as I know, there are only 4 universities in Canada that offer a 3 years Masters in Architecture (UBC, UofT, UofC, and CarletonU). I was hoping that someone could guide me on what average would be good to be able to get in. I understand that I should strive for the best mark possible but knowing a typical range can ease my stress. Also are there any architecture school overseas that also accept non design undergrads and at the same time is worth going to another country to pursue the degree. 

Mar 12, 21 9:22 pm
Non Sequitur

Grades don't matter than much as long as you clear each school's minimum cut off targets.  They may come back if ever there is a tie between two applicants tho but that should not be your focus since the portfolio will be your ticket in.  Assume anything B+ and above is acceptable for the 3y schools, but that also depends on the difficulty of your degree.  B-level grades in a general arts degree certainly are not evaluated the same way as if they were from a STEM degree (again, if they are evaluated at all).

I don't know anything about Calgary but UofT and UBC are very big and get their fair share of international applicants.  UofT tho is on the lower tier when considering quality of the institution and thus has a lower bar for it's applicants.

So, like I mentioned above, the portfolio is what matters.  What do you have to show for in that department?

Mar 12, 21 9:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: