Archinect
anchor

URGENT: (M.Arch) WAAC - VT or NCSU

aRchitect19

I know many people will comment to research about these two colleges by myself and trust me I have done that but as I’m an international student I really dont know about the rankings.

I got accepted into WAAC - VirginiaTech and NCSU for M.Arch 2 year program with no funding.

The fees for both the courses are the same.

Washington Alexandria (VirginiaTech):

Pro: Near Washington DC Con: No experience of a campus and will have to go to the main VT campus for any career fairs.

NCSU (Raleigh):

Pro: A big campus with enough opportunities for on campus employment as well. Con: Don’t know about the ranking and job prospects after graduation.

Kindly guide me out for this if you have any idea about these two courses.

Thank you!

Mar 12, 21 11:44 am
Superfluous Squirrel

I went to the WAAC and you're a little wrong about career opportunites. 

The WAAC does a really good job of connecting with local firms.  Theres a career fair, theres a portfolio review with local firms, almost every studio invites a local architect for reviews. In addition its a big architectural market and there aren't many schools around. I'd say probably half the people there have internships during the school year. If you really want one its not too hard to get one. 

Also, all the professionals you meet are local. If you go to blacksburg for a career fair you'll be meeting hiring managers from NYC and LA and global firms with offices everywhere. That might be a good thing if don't want to stay in DC, but if you do the WAAC is where you want to be.

I picked the WAAC because they had a focus on getting students jobs after graduation. I looked at several other programs that didn't seem to care what anyone did once they were out the door. 

Mar 12, 21 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
aRchitect19

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. Could you also let me know about the on-campus employment opportunities for the students in WAAC?

Mar 13, 21 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
Superfluous Squirrel

I don't think there are any opportunities to be employed by the school. But its downtown Alexandria, I bet it wouldn't be too hard to get a job at a coffee shop or something. If you're working though you should get an internship, and thats pretty easy to do.

Mar 13, 21 1:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: