Archinect
anchor

Is it possible to get $ from GSD if wasn't offered?

meow1

Hi guys, 

I recently received the offer from GSD MLA without any scholarship and illegible for financial aid as an international student. 

I did receive another offer from Cornell, M.Arch I, with 14,000 and the opportunity to be TA in the second semester or so. But the program is my dream, and I am also quite superficial not being able to give up the chance to be in Harvard for its name. 

My parents are extremely supportive, as always, but I know it's gonna be a huge burden for my family. Hence I would like to know if it is possible to ask again for some support from the school?

Thank you!

Mar 3, 21 12:20 am
natematt

It's been discussed here before, sometimes they'll match or incentivize if you ask. Though, I'm not sure why an MLA program would match an MArch program? Which one are you trying to do? These are very different things. You should ask in the multiple MArch threads that are currently active. 

I don't think you'll find this forum particularly sympathetic to your superficiality. Did you happen to apply to any schools you can afford to go to? As far as I am aware both of these programs as they are available to you are borderline un-repayable for most people. The salary increase going to either of them is going to be basically nothing over a school that costs a fraction as much or might be more willing to provide better aid. 

If you can afford it, just go to the one you want.

Mar 3, 21 3:28 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: