Archinect
anchor

AA Semester programme

Shka

Hi, I would like to get your opinions on signing up for the semester programme at the AA school, once teaching goes back to a more physical format, or even considering to repeat the third year before jumping into my Part 2. I already have obtained a BA degree from a London University, however the level of education provided did not cover a lot of design based skills and I lack confidence when it comes to that and would rather take another year on improving my design skills than jumping unprepared on a master course. I have also considered the options of pursuing a MA degree at an European University. My fear lies in me having loads of gaps in my architectural knowledge. I would appreciate any kinds of advice. Thank you.

Feb 25, 21 5:02 pm

I did the Visiting Students Programme back in 2008. It was a really good experience back then and I would say has influenced who I became as an architect, even if it was a short time. There were several students in the program at the time, most of which have since gone off to be pretty successful. Several later getting a Masters at Sci-Arc, Yale, and the DRL. We obviously didn't get the full long-term experience of the AA students, but it was a great opportunity overall. 

Feb 25, 21 5:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: