Archinect
anchor

What's your current "stack" for ArchViz? (2021)

What tools are you (or your firms) currently utilizing for producing visualizations?

Moving into 2021, the options are only growing and each option is getting better, especially as technological convergence drives each product to adopt the features of the rest.

Some drafting tools have a built-in renderer, some renderers have modeling tools, etc., etc. Just off the top of my head, you could be using any or all of the following: Lumion, Enscape, Rhino, Revit, Vectorworks, V-Ray, 3DS Max, Blender, Corona, Unreal Engine, Unity, Cinema4D, TwinMotion, ArchiCAD... the list never stops.

I'll go first. My firm uses a suite of tools depending on the deliverable, timeline and audience. We break visualization needs out into Level 1, 2 or 3, with Level 1 being the most basic image we feel comfortable releasing and Level 3 representing our most considered images.

In the early stages, we generally use SketchUp or Rhino to model. We might take a "clay model" still right out of those programs or run it through Lumion to render. Depending on the stage in the process, client presentations might have the aforementioned SU/Lumion renders or our Revit model might be developed enough to use Enscape. Early regulatory approvals presentations will also use these. As the project progresses, clients might want better marketing or press images and we might do a V-Ray render to really up the quality and control. All of these could have some or a lot of post production in Photoshop depending on the output.

So that's how we work, in a nutshell. But I'm curious what other places and people do? Especially if you think you have a really strong process/toolkit.

P.S. Enjoy the cute little occlusion town image I found to headline this thread lol.

Feb 8, 21 12:38 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: