Archinect
anchor

Carleton University three year Master Program

Mayalibya

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the application portfolio for the 3-year master of architecture program at carleton. I applied this year but I'm a bit worried, I didn't take the studio first program (because of cost) and instead prepared my own portfolio. My dream has always been to become an architect. I studied engineering before, so i tried to design two buildings (with limited knowledge of architecture) and included that in my porfolio. I also included a renovation i did and some artwork. Is that ok? or not even a chance? Im so worried :(((

Jan 29, 21 12:31 pm
Non Sequitur

Did you speak to anyone from the school prior to assembling your application folio?  I guess not really, or else they would have told you that the point of the portfolio is not to make an attempt at "architecture".  The point is to demonstrate how you think and express (graphically) design ideas.  This does not (and honestly should not be) need to be buildings since you have no previous arch undergrad.  Focus should be on solid creative works demonstrating a good understanding of scale, shapes, proportion, light, etc... the basics, so that the school knows if you have the potential to develop those skills into spatial design.

Jan 29, 21 12:41 pm  · 
1  · 
Mayalibya

thank you! I wish I asked before... if I don't get in this year, now I know for next year :)) Much appreciated

Jan 29, 21 1:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: