Archinect
anchor

IAAC Interview

yoake

Hello there,

Today I got an e-mail from iaac and they are inviting me an online interview. This will be my first experience. 

The department I applied is master of advanced architectural design. Anybody here who has interviewed with the IAAC before? Or another school? How should I prepare for the interview? Do they ask questions based on architectural knowledge or personal questions?

I've asked a lot of questions, I'm sorry. But if you have any suggestions and comments about the school, I would love to hear it:)

Jan 22, 21 1:19 pm
Wall-E

They will just ask you to speak about your works and why you want to pursue. You will get in easily. Its an online program. So they will take anyone. 

Jan 22, 21 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
dsh_

It's not an online program at all

Jan 23, 21 11:10 am  · 
 · 
dsh_

I had an interview in December for MAA02 program and got accepted.

Mostly we talked about my portfolio, since it was very fictional we talked about practical implementation of my ideas. The questions where mostly tailored to my portfolio so the best advise I can give you is to know your projects very well, be able to explain why you chose to do things a certain way.

Also in the beginning there was a bit of the "standard" question like: why I want to study at IAAC, but they dove right in to the projects themselves very quickly. At the end they asked about software knowledge.

Good Luck!

Jan 23, 21 11:08 am  · 
 · 
yoake

Thank you so much! I am a bit nervous, I hope I can make it:/ but basically I am confidence about my works so I can talk a LOT haha. How long did the interview take? and are you going to go iaac ?

Jan 23, 21 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
dsh_

Don't worry about it, if you're confident and can talk a lot you'll be fine haha. It took around 40 minutes I think. Chances are I'll attend IAAC, though still waiting to see all my options.

Jan 23, 21 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
yoake

wow 40 mins.......By the way, i thought they give 3 weeks to decide and pay the deposit (maybe i am wrong)

Jan 23, 21 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
dsh_

They do give 3 weeks, but I got my answer back in December. I paid the deposit, but yea still waiting to see all my options. Got accepted to the AA in December as well but rejected the offer. Can't pay the deposit everywhere haha

Jan 23, 21 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
yoake

I wish i could pay deposit and decide to go somewhere else but exchange rate differences are killing me:p but that's good, bravo!

Jan 23, 21 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
dsh_

Yea all these payments and the different deadlines are a big problem. I think try to figure out your unique value in the field, and the unique value of different programs. IAAC is a special place in my opinion since they are both futuristic and practical. Personally I'm looking for a place that fosters innovative ideas and where I can make valuable connections with like-minded professionals, I trust I'll find that in IAAC. I hope this helps!

Jan 23, 21 4:19 pm  · 
1  · 
nilenvarade

Hey dsh_ thank you for these answers. It was helpful for my interview for the MAA 01 program today.

May I ask the reason for rejecting the offer by AA? Was it only because of the deposit?

I do agree that IAAC is much more practical
but would love to know your reasons as well.

Thank you!

Feb 15, 21 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
dsh_

Hey nilenvarade, glad this helped you! I really look up to the AA, I appreciate how they use theory to discuss practical ideas. For me the program at IAAC is just more in my niche. I had no reason to pay a deposit for the AA since I had already been accepted to IAAC.

Feb 16, 21 6:46 am  · 
 · 
aayushivasnik

Hey, how long after the interview did you get the acceptance letter?

Feb 23, 23 6:47 am  · 
 · 
fuwu

Hi,I got the interview too. How can I prepare this interview?

Can you give me some advice?

Thank you!

May 22, 23 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
nilenvarade

Hey dsh_ thank you for these answers. It was helpful for my interview for the MAA 01 program today.

May I ask the reason for rejecting the offer by AA? Was it only because of the deposit? 

I do agree that IAAC is much more practical but would love to know your reasons as well. 

Thank you!

Feb 15, 21 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
maheepmouli

Hey guys, i have an interview on coming Tuesday with IAAC for MAA -02. Its my priority college and im quit worried about my interview.

Any suggestions to deal with it, please?

May 14, 23 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
umairbhura1

Hey everyone, 

I've got interview as well for MaCAD program at IAAC. I went through above discussion and I hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore suggestions. 

Aug 9, 23 9:47 am  · 
 · 
koszu

Hello everyone,

I have been asked for an online interview from IAAC for a master program. Its my first time i am doing any interview for a master and i was wondering if anyone can help me out who did an interview for IAAC for a master in the past. What kind of questions you have been asked? How long it was? And how many people were on the other side and of what background? 

Thank you in advance for any help possible would be much appreciated

Aug 23, 23 10:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: