Archinect
anchor

AUS Bachelors - EUR Masters : What to do?

felfelg

Hi, I'm an Architecture Student currently living in Frankfurt, Germany.
I completed an Architecture Bachelors Degree in Australia at the end of 2018 and then moved to Germany in Jan 2020 to start a Masters Degree. I've been spending the past year learning German and working as an Au Pair to be eligible to enrol and am wanting to start this year in October. 

The problem is, I've basically run into a financial obstacle, therefore I might have to take an extra year off just to be able to pay for the German student visa. The main thing I'm worried about is, if I really do take an extra year off, that makes it 4 years since I've had formal education. Is that something I really should be worrying about? Especially since this whole time, I have not been working in the industry? 
(I did a 1 month internship in Australia before I moved though)

So far though, this gap I've taken has really lead me to grow in terms of my skills/methods as well as my identity - as an Architect/Artist and also my Spiritual Identity.
I've done a lot of self-education and even started a new life in a new country, so I can say I haven't let this time go to waste. 

I also know I should try and find internship opportunities here but my current visa only lasts 'til October and will have to move to another EU country in this extra gap year. 

Just want to see what your thoughts and opinions are on this matter :) 

Thanks! 

Jan 20, 21 10:39 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: