Archinect
anchor

Curious where i can go with a 3.7 GPA

levifingerer

Hi all.   I was just wondering what's schools you think i can get into with a 3.7 gpa.   I have a BS in architectural technology.   Thank you

Dec 28, 20 11:16 pm
Le Courvoisier

South Harmon Institute of Technology 

Dec 29, 20 12:35 am  · 
5  · 
natematt

Underrated movie.

Dec 29, 20 4:01 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

https://southharmoninstituteoftechnology.org/

Dec 29, 20 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Loved that movie.

Dec 29, 20 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

If you really have to ask this I'm a little worried... you had...4(?) years of time working on the GPA and now you don't know what to do with it? 

Assuming you're asking about architectural grad school, then you're GPA is at best a threshold to step over, which you seemingly have, though some schools have very specific prerequisites so you will have to confirm you meet. Otherwise, you can basically go anywhere commensurate with the quality of your portfolio. Good luck. 

Dec 29, 20 4:00 am  · 
 · 
levifingerer

Thank you! I'm working on the portfolio and essays today. I was just concerned I'm applying to schools out of my league

Dec 29, 20 9:26 am  · 
 · 
monosierra

Like the above poster said, the GPA is just a threshold to ensure you meet the graduate school's overall academic standard. The quality/reputation of your undergrad program has a part to play in this.

Dec 29, 20 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

This is assuming you're from the US and went to a school with a typical /4.0 grading scale. 

Dec 29, 20 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

You can always go to archinect with that GPA!

Dec 29, 20 10:41 am  · 
2  · 
levifingerer

What do you mean?

Dec 29, 20 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
archi_dude

Theres multiple trades that will hire you as an apprentice right now for over 100k a year. Just saying. 

Dec 29, 20 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
levifingerer

Interesting. Any you could recommend?

Dec 29, 20 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Yeah, I'm a jerk, yeah.

Mar 31, 21 9:28 am  · 
1  · 
levifingerer

Hey, was just wondering if you had any ideas as to what I can do to make that much. Thanks

Mar 31, 21 11:17 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^under-water welding.

Mar 31, 21 12:14 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: