Archinect
anchor

How many hours of contact time did you get in school?

Kinsbergen

I was wondering what is the experience of  students regarding the amount of contact time offered by architecture schools nowadays. Is 25h / week the average across schools in Europe and US? Did you get less or more than that? Did you find you needed more? 

I am not enquiring about work hour commitment but rather about how many hours of classes the school offered you in return for your tuition fees. 

Dec 21, 20 1:29 pm
randomised

let’s hope zero contact hours in these pandemic times...

Dec 22, 20 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
caramelhighrise

In terms of studio, around 14 hours/week, +/- 10 hours depending on if the prof decided to show up to class or stay late for a beer, or if I felt like playing hooky because I thought my time was better spent there at 2am. Silly me. Add 10-20 hours for pro practice, arch history, focused seminars, or the token nude model art classes.

Dec 23, 20 3:43 pm  · 
 · 

Studio was 3x a week for four hours each session per semester for nine semesters. 

I probably spent 35 plus hours a week in studio total.  

I'd get about 2 hours of professor one on one time a week.  

Dec 23, 20 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
kenchiku

Each credit hour = 1 hour of 'class-time'. My semesters are all 18 credit hour semesters, so that means 18hrs/week of structured class time.

Dec 25, 20 8:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: